Irvine at Its Best
Irvine at Its Best
Schools & Education
From Preschool through College, Irvine Ranks Amongst the Best
Quality public schools are essential to all great communities, and Irvine consistently boosts its reputation as an outstanding place to live, work and raise children. Families here enjoy the unparalleled benefits of schools with superior academics, well-rounded curriculums, and strong community support.
Since the founding of the University of California at Irvine (UCI), one of the nation’s highest-ranking state universities, the city has fostered an environment of academic excellence from pre-K through college doctorate programs. And for more than a century, Irvine Company has been a champion of Irvine’s education system. From major financial gifts for music, science and art enrichment programs to collaborations in designing and building modern schools, they have been at the forefront, ensuring that students have access to the finest education and facilities.
Irvine Unified School District
The Irvine Unified School District (IUSD) consistently ranks among the finest in the nation. Students in the district are consistently in the top three in Orange County for average SAT scores, and more than 85% of the district’s high school graduates attend college.
- Four of the five high schools have been named Blue Ribbon Schools, the nation’s highest level of recognition for K-12 campuses.
- In both math and English Language Arts and Literacy, IUSD high school students significantly outperform their peers throughout California, the United States and the world.
- At the 2019 Orange County Science & Engineering Fair Awards, IUSD high school students earned 66 out of 159 Board of Directors Awards (including Honorable Mentions), and 25 of 64 Special Awards. University HS students also received the OCSEF Senior Division ‘School Award’.
- 4 of the 5 high schools have received Grammy Gold and Signature Awards from the Grammy Foundation.
- Irvine Unified high school students scored significantly higher than the state, U.S. and global students in biology, chemistry, physics, art history, music theory, studio art drawing, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Calculus AB and BC, Statistics, Macroeconomics, U.S. History, World History, and European History.
Irvine Unified Ranks #2 in Common Core Tests in California
The Irvine Company’s investment in schools, along with District leadership and excellent teachers, is having a transformative influence, empowering Irvine students with knowledge, creativity and experience. The results speak for themselves.
Shared Commitment to Education
Irvine Unified School District kicks off its 50th anniversary year with a $2 million gift from Irvine Company, part of a 20-year, $45 million commitment to support arts, music and science education in the district. Learn more about the contribution in The Irvine Standard.
“As a result of the Irvine Company’s extraordinary commitment, the Excellence in Education Enrichment Fund has become a cornerstone of IUSD’s instructional profile and has made a profound and enduring difference in the lives of current and former students, said IUSD Superintendent Terry Walker. IUSD is one of the highest performing school districts in the nation, because of partnerships like this, which are a symbol of what makes our community great.”
Tustin Unified School District
The highly-respected Tustin Unified School District is committed to a legacy of excellence in education and to teaching students K-12 in a dynamic and challenging environment. High standards of excellence in academics, visual and performing arts, and athletics are the cornerstone of Tustin schools, coupled with a major emphasis on educational technology in the classroom.
From kindergarten through high school graduation, children who have access to signature programs, the experience of a challenging curriculum and exceptional teachers whose highest priority is student achievement.
- Tustin Unified has received 8 National Blue Ribbon School honors, 53 California Distinguished Schools awards, and 5 Title1 Academic Achievement School awards.
- Tustin Unified offers STEM at each of its middle and high schools. This enriched Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Program engages students in rich and rigorous STEAM learning by using a hands-on, project-based curriculum to create, build and apply math and science concepts to everyday problem-solving.
- Currently, K-8 students are provided Apple iPads and high school students receive Toshiba Proteges. Coupled with classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboards, Apple TV and teacher computers, these advanced tools cultivate a “Future Ready” classroom experience.