Buying Your Home
There are so many things to consider that it’s best to take it step by step, and that’s exactly how this section is structured. Start from the beginning, or jump in whenever you have specific questions.
Educating yourself about the home-buying process is critical, and we want to make it as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Benefits of Home Ownership
- Possible reductions in tax liability: mortgage interest, property taxes and loan points may be deducted
- Opportunity to build and use equity to your advantage
- A wise investment in your family’s future
- A sense of permanence, stability and peace of mind
- Freedom to create your own environment
- Chance to forge lasting relationships with neighbors
- Pride of ownership
Welcome to the World of Universal Design™
Home is the cornerstone of your life. We appreciate that every life is uniquely special and want to accommodate your needs at every stage. This distinctiveness is the inspiration for Universal Design — home features to enrich individual lifestyles at different phases, ages and circumstances.
The Universal Design program in the city of Irvine is one of the first of its kind in the nation. Universal Design is a voluntary program where participating homebuilders may offer specific interior amenities as permitted by the architectural style and elevations.
Universal Design evaluates the many wonderful ways a home can function and presents the opportunity to enhance your experience. An array of design options focus on your optimal living environment — a home that works more efficiently and thoughtfully.
- Under-counter knee space
- Variable-height countertops
- Pull-out shelves
- Lever-handle faucets
- Elegance, form and function at every level
- Space to move
- Ease of access
- Safety bars
- Easy lever handles
- Adjustable-height fixtures
- Lever entries
- Reduced-height light switches and climate controls
- Electrical receptacles 15" above the floor
- 32" wide interior door openings
- Lever door handles
Design for Life
The features that make your new home universally accommodating are available where architectural planning and elevations permit their inclusion. Deciding on these optional features early in the construction process is advantageous — choices are seamlessly integrated into your home and you gain meaningful cost savings when compared with future remodeling or retrofitting. Inquire about the valuable benefits and convenience of Universal Design™ options offered by participating homebuilders.